Welcome To

Welcome To

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pink (& Turquoise) Pyrex Saturday!

Happy Pink Saturday, Everyone!

On Thursday, Miss Maddie and I were first and second in line for an amazing estate sale out in the country.  We had to get their pretty early to claim our spots because the photos posted online were so great and left us no other choice.  (**On a side note, some of you may notice that I spell Maddie's name either with an IE or a Y at the end.  She changes it on a weekly basis so I always have to ask.  Didn't want any of you to think I forgot how to spell my daughters name).

ANYWAY, we got in the door, split up, and managed to grab everything that was on our list.  Whew, now I could breathe and just wander through the sale and see what else caught my eye.  As I was getting ready to check out, I spotted an awesome glass doored cabinet in one of the bedrooms.  My mind started reeling when I realized that it looked to be the perfect size for my kitchen.  I have been looking for about a year for a spot to hold my pink and turquoise Pyrex collection.  This was just what I had been looking for!

When I got home, I was so excited to get it cleaned up and put in it's new home that I didn't take a picture of it before I filled it up. But really, who wants to see an empty cabinet when they can see this instead


What's that you say?  You want me to open the door?


Feeling a little lightheaded?  Maybe I should have given you a little warning as to how awesome this would be.

Ready for some close-ups?  Don't say I didn't warn you....






Pretty amazing, huh?  Should I tell you that I have only been collecting Pyrex for a little over a year?  Out of control, I know.

Now, where to put my Friendship, Horizon Blue, Primary, and all the other lovely patterns I also collect?  Hmmmmm, is it too soon to add on to our house when we only built it 4 years ago?

Be sure to head over and visit Pink Saturday.  I will be linking up over there too!

Until next time!

Erica

14 comments:

  1. I totally adore your pink and turquoise Pyrex, love your new cabinet and am amazed you've only been collecting for a year! Too much fun!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent find and what a beautiful display of pink & turquoise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Stars! It looks great and what a collection in such a short time. I have a couple of bowls that match yours but that is the sum total of my collection...lol.
    HPS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT THAT CABINET!!! It's so perfect for Pyrex! I love the aged white boards of the back, and that the outside is natural wood. Man you really scored with this! Though, I noticed you didn't say what you paid for it! Hahaha. So maybe you didn't really score. I'm going to pretend you paid $800.00 for it so that I don't feel so bad. heehee.
    Really Happy For You Though-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only paid $75.00 for it? Can you believe it???!!! I couldn't pass it up. Don't hate me:-)

      Delete
  5. How lovely and what a steal!

    My PINK, your comment is always highly appreciated! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of the cabinet, I'm jealous of the Pyrex, frankly I'm just jealous but that's ok I still love you!! Seriously though it's perfect and you scored big!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I am playing catch up with Pink Saturday, didn't want to miss all the beautiful entries this week.

    My PINK
    Hope you'd come and see.
    Have a blessed Sunday.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Only colelcting a year? Lucky girl! There's not much Pyrex to be found around here!

    And on another note- you have the poppies and plaid bread box! I have the cake carier and canisters. I'm glad to see that someone one else likes pink, blue AND red! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cabinet is a super find and looks great with your Pyrex. I wanted to let you know that I have 2 more of the Blue Flamingo glass cups that you have on one of your posts. If you'd like to trade for them, then just let me know at my email address dorothyprudiefabrics@yahoo.com I would love to trade for the yellow watering can with red tulips as I collect plastic watering cans...strange I know. Anyway, just let me know. I can also throw in some more goodies that you might like. Thanks. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cabinet is just perfect to show off your awesome Pyrex collection! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, these are even better pictures!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a PREFECT little cabinet! Haha and I TOTALLY understand/believe you've been collecting for a year! HAHA in the last year my collection has more than TRIPLED in size, its just so pretty and easy to get carried away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I am DYING at how gorgeous your pink and turquoise Pyrex is in that cabinet! That is such a BEAUTIFUL display! YOu have an amazing collection :)

    ReplyDelete