Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Goodwill is Out of Control!

I just realized it has been about two weeks since I posted, Sister I really need to get on it.  Well, there hasn't been a lack of thrifting in my life, that is for sure.  First, I want to share what I got last weekend when Matt and I were visiting Sister:



 No, not Hope the cat!  I got these pair of owls for $5 and I am going to hang them on my deck, by the hot tub.  They were too cute to pass up and since I think Hope looks a little owlish at times, I figured I would do a photo shoot with her in it.


I decided to treat myself on Valentine's Day, so I went to my local Goodwill, and what did I find?  Butterprint!  I went back on Thursday and found a black snowflake casserole with lid, which I've never seen at a thrift store before.  Then today was the jackpot.  I found a pink gooseberry  #503 refrigerator dish.  I'm not big on pink, but I am excited to have one piece of this pattern, because it is so pretty (and I had a lid for it!)  Then, out of the corner of my eye I spot Orange, my favorite color!  It was a #502 without a lid.  It only got better when I was checking out and after returning my $3.99 purchase from the other day they told me my total was 99 cents.  Sold, I ran out of the store as fast as I could!

After consulting with Sister I went back and picked up the complete set of Forest Fancies casseroles with lids, $11 for all three!  I will be selling these, along with the black snowflake, as I am finding that I'm running out of room.  There is definitely something amazing going on at my local Goodwill and I hope it doesn't stop!





1 comment:

  1. What a cute kitty, and what GREAT finds! My girlfriends Birthday is in Sept and I think im going to try and peice together a gooseberry fridigie set to give her. (we worked all last year collecting the Pink Gooseberry Cinderella Nesting bowls!) Wish our Goodwill's would bluck up on this kind of stock! haha

    ReplyDelete