Welcome To

Welcome To

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Is It Over Yet?

Happy Rednesday!  Hopefully everyone is having a good election day and that the lines to vote weren't too terribly long. Here in Oregon, we are a vote by mail state so I sent in my ballot 2 weeks ago.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for this to be done and over with.  I am really tired of the political advertisements and mud slinging that goes on no matter what side you are affiliated with.  Let's just move on!

Speaking of moving on, here are some reds and not-so-reds that I have found lately.

I found this huge shortening tub at an estate sale a while back. I loved the colors and graphics of it and thought it would be perfect on my back patio as an end table. 
I found two more trays for my collection at Goodwill.  Does anybody have any idea how old these really are?
I got these plaid jugs from two different sales on the same day.  These are the types of things that I like to display on my back patio during the warmer months. 
I finally found a "new" tree skirt.  I have been looking for one for two years and finally got rid of my other one after Christmas last year so that I would be forced to get a new one.  I bought this off of etsy and it is handmade and really cute and sparkly.
I traded Jill from A Little Bit of Everything a cute Pyrex Colonial Mist casserole dish for all of these awesome souvenir glasses.  Once she heard that I collected them, she decided to send them to me rather than sell them! 


She also sent Miss Maddie some decals and an Eloise Wilkin illustrated Golden Book for her collections.  Thanks, Jill!

When we first started blogging, Hanna and I thought it was just going to be a great way for us to share our vintage finds with other collectors around the web.  We never thought that we would actually start building relationships with people who we have never met face to face.  Well, we decided that there should be some sort of annual conference for all of us to attend so that we can meet in person.  Of course we think Vegas would be the perfect meeting place!  Who's in?

Heading over to Rednesday to link up with Sue.  See you there!

Until next time....

Erica

15 comments:

  1. Happy Rednesday! Love the red tub - perfect as a table! ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the plaid jugs, the tree skirt...everything!
    Jill is such a good friend. Decals and Golden Books, she knows how to pick em! I'm in for Vegas!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about plaid that gives us such a warm, cozy feeling? Those jugs are just perfect! And I can't wait to see that tub turned into a table for your patio. I love unexpected touches like that! Oh, and I've never been to Vegas, so I'm in!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to begin? There are so many things I love here. The plaid jugs are wonderful. Those glasses are fun too. I have a few of those state trays too. Such fun to use!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what?? I have the same plaid thermos, the one on the left!

    And, you're very welcome - I love my little Colonial Mist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all, but I am really digging the souvenier glasses. How cool are those?! And I'm down for Vegas! I've never been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 50 pounds of shortening! Must have been for a restaurant! I think it would make a great end table!

    Vegas? Um... How bout we alll meet up out here on the palouse! I'm a country girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and they actually do have blogger conferances. My friend from NC went to one recently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love your finds! Oh~those plaid cooler jugs! My Mom used to have one of those plaid coolers she took to the beach. Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Kraft shortening tin too. It's graphics are a little different but it is still a big honkin' tin like yours!
    I have never been to the west coast, so I'm in! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, i didn't realize the shortening bucket was large enough to be an end table! The is a lot of lard! I love all you things, and would love to find a cute tree skirt like that, myself!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Depends when! We talked about getting hitched in Vegas a couple of times! A trip to a thrift store better not be included in the meet up, the might be some physical altercations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog, I love all things vintage and I LOVE Vegas! Used to live there for 6 years but went back to my midwestern roots. I would totally go:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ran across this blog a few weeks ago - she might know about your trays. I do think they are from 60's or 70's

    http://vintagespinster.blogspot.com/search/label/State%20Trays

    ReplyDelete