Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick Catch-Up Post

Hi Readers!

The weather has been getting much nicer around here lately which means that we can finally start to do some yard work and get the outside ready for Summer.  I can't wait!  The nicer weather also means more yard sales on the weekends which means more treasures for me to share with all of you.

I got these spun cotton head picks and little purse party favors from the sale that I went to where I got all the cake decorating stuff.  Do you see the little pick on the end with the pink scarf and the gloppy mascara?  She looks like Sister on Saturday mornings!
Maddy and I have been looking for a Josef June birthday girl for a really long time.  We actually found one at an antique fair a few weeks ago but the seller wanted $35 for it.  I finally resorted to eBay and got one for $7.  Maddy, Alex, and I all have June birthdays.  I'm pretty sure Alex isn't too excited about this, though.

I've actually been finding quite a few pieces of Jackson & Syracuse restaurant china lately.  Here are a few pieces that I picked up last week.  The cool thing about the Jackson china is that it is made in Portland, OR which is about an hour and a half north of where I live. 
I have a huge dining room table.  It measures 77" x 44" and that's without the two additional leaves.  So you can imaging finding a vintage tablecloth to fit it would be pretty expensive.  I do have one that my aunt gave me as a housewarming gift but it is so perfect that I would be devastated if something stained it.  So I guess I will just have to get used to using table runners.  I can usually find them for pretty cheap.  I found these two for $2 apiece.  I am not sure if they are actual runners or just big dishtowels.  Either way, they work perfect for what I need them for.
Miss Maddy LOVES The Simpsons.  She bought these for herself at the Piccadilly Flea Market a few weekends ago. But she has them displayed separate from her vintage figurines in her room because "they aren't old".  That's my girl!

Don't you love it when you find something that you didn't know you had?  A few weeks ago I was cleaning out the garage and I came across a box of framed pictures of the kids.  This was mixed in with them and for the life of me I cannot remember when or where I got it.  I was so excited to find it though.  It fits my decor perfectly!

That's all the time I have for now.  I have to take Alex to his girlfriend's softball game.  Only 2 more months until he turns 16 and he won't need his mom to drive him everywhere anymore.  So bittersweet.......

1 comment:

  1. Swooning over those table cloths. So gorgeous!

    Sally @ Exploits of a Military Mama

    ReplyDelete