Welcome To

Welcome To

Sunday, January 15, 2012

With a potential 4 day weekend in front of me, The husband and I got out and did some thrifting on Saturday and here are the results.....

We had a great time and found some new spots that we will definitely frequent.  Here are the highlights of the adventure:

Before Christmas I bought the Bambi Junior Deluxe Edition at an antique store because the cover was so endearing and I love the story.  I picked these up at a thrift store for a ridiculously cheaper price and am struggling to decide if I want to keep them or put them on my Etsy site.  


You will soon learn that anything to do with birds is of interest to me.  I picked these Federal Glass cups up at the same thrift store as the books and the little shot glass came from the Goodwill here on the coast the other day.

I couldn't wait to post my casserole pick but I want to share it again.  The lid (Crazy quilt) obviously doesn't below with the blue Butterprint, but it was still a great deal and I loved the color.  If you have the book, "Pyrex: The Unauthorized Collector's Guide," you'll notice this lid on the cover, as pointed out by Sister.  As soon as this lid finds it's correct home the Butterprint is going to Sister.  The mugs I think match really well and I've been eyeing at various antique shops for a long time.  I picked them up for $1.25/piece and can't wait to use them during cocktail time!
I found this promotional Gold leaf pyrex at Goodwill and this lid works, although I don't think it is a perfect match.  I get excited when I find anything promotional!
This was Matt's pick of the day (my husband.)  He got this casserole in a holder for $10.  I haven't been able to find this exact holder but I have found others.  This dish is from the 1920s/30s from what I've found and I am curious to see if I can find the holder.  It's a unique piece and more than I would normally pay, but I couldn't pass it up.

We are hoping the snow stops falling and our big thrifting day isn't canceled, but we will have to wait and watch the weather.  If I can't make it to Portland tomorrow, we will have to postpone, but Sister and I definitely are meeting up at the Antique Expo in Clark County next Sunday, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment