Welcome To

Welcome To

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Platters!!

So our Sister Adventure had to be postponed due to the totally unpredictable Oregon Winter weather.  Oh well, it does give me a chance to go through all of my thrifting finds from the last couple of days.  I am going to do them in a couple separate posts so that they don't seem to go on, and on, and on.
I found this Homer Laughlin restaurantware platter at St. Vincents yesterday.  Of course the pink and turquoise caught my eye.  $2.00!  Can you spell SCORE?
There is a really cute little antique mall about a 30 minute drive from where I live.  There is one seller there who has tons of super cute vintage kitchen stuff and a huge supply of Pyrex.  Well the lady who was working that day knew that this booth was going to go 20% off in a few days but seeing that I was there now and knowing that I wasn't from the area, she gave it to me that day!  I got some really cute things including this awesome turquoise serving fork and Colorcraft Adagio platter.
I found this English Pyrex JAJ platter at St. Vincents.  It's not normally something that I would have picked up but after reading another blog about these platters, I knew exactly what it was when I walked by.  Of course knowing that it's Pyrex, I had to have it!

On a side note, I have realized just how sick I am when it comes to thrifting.  I had to go to the mall yesterday to pick up a couple of things for my son and all I could think about was how fast I could get out of there and get to Goodwill!  Oh no Sister, what has happened to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment