Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rain Rain, Go Away!

The horrific Oregon rain has put a major damper on mine and Sister's thrifting adventures.  Oh well, it gives me a chance to get the blog caught up on last weeks finds...
I've been looking for a vintage wastebasket for a while now.  Found this one in an antique store in the "Antique District" in our area.  I never buy anything there because it is so ridiculously expensive, but I love to browse.  This can was holding "antique" yardsticks for $15 apiece.  No price on it so I'm not sure if it was even for sale.  The lady running the store gave it to me for 10 bucks.  Not too shabby.

I love vintage drinking glasses.  My rule of thumb is that if its cute, in perfect condition, and under 4 bucks, I have to take it home.  I also found this Fire-King turquoise and gold snack server.  Snack servers are normally Sister's department but come on, it's turquoise!
I've had my eye on this chenille bedspread for quite a while but couldn't bring myself to give into the $60.00 pricetag.  Lucky for me, the owner of the booth put it at 50% off!  Miss Maddy said she has "too many" chenille bedspreads.  That's okay.  I don't!
Stay tuned for what I am going to do with this shabby little yellow shelf with original paint.

If you read our blog last week, you saw that I got the Libbey gold leaf drinking glasses at a garage sale.  I found the matching champagne/sherbert glasses and matching decanter at a new thrift store I found.  Hmmmmm.  Wonder what we can drink out of these, Sister?  I couldn't bring myself to put the decanter away with the glasses in the cupboard so it now proudly holds my Crater Lake Vodka and sits on the counter.  How useful!

Super cute Federal Glass bowls.  I love anything with a print but these are destined for Etsy.  I don't have the room right now to collect anything that isn't Pyrex and there is ALWAYS room for Pyrex.  And speaking of Pyrex....
These are just some of my Pyrex thrifts from last week.  Like Sister, I can't pass up anything promotional hence the Heinz promotional casserole in front.  The Brides casserole with lid was an unbelievable 4 bucks and PERFECT.  The Snowflake was a repeat gift from Husband (he bought me the same one around Thanksgiving).  The fridgies were a neccesity.  Hello?  Pink, Turquoise?  And the Spring Blossom was Miss Maddy's find at Goodwill and only $1 and of course she had to pay for it herself (with my money no doubt).

Heading North tomorrow for some much needed rainy day thrifting therapy.  Sister, do you think Brian will let me take the boat?

1 comment:

  1. I think you will definitely need the boat. You have the same Heinz baking pan as me now! I used mine today for brownies.

    ReplyDelete