Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, January 23, 2012

Last Week's Treasures

Before meeting up with Sister for the "Country's Largest Antique Fair" I did a little Pre-Thrifting about 45 minutes North of my house.  Unfortunately, 3 out of 4 of the thrift stores were out of business and Goodwill was blah so I headed to the local antique mall.  This antique mall was awesome if mostly overpriced.  But I was able to weed out a few reasonably priced treasures

As you can see, this Pyrex pink #442 bowl was pretty scratched up which is why I guess the seller had it marked $5.00.  But after a little Barkeepers Friend and Mr. Clean Sponge, it looked beautiful.  I read in my Pyrex book that the pink mixing bowls are really hard to find so I was pretty excited to find this!

I've been looking for a tin to hold my cooking untensils and I found this cute turquoise one.

I was driving out of town and I came upon this little antique store that was going out of business and the whole store was 50% off.  There wasn't too much left but I was able to snag this McCoy Abraham Lincoln planter for 7 bucks.  I can't find it in my McCoy book or online anywhere except for a white one.  Does anybody have any info on this that they can share?  From the signature I am able to determine that these were manufactured between 1939-1960.

At the same store, I got this cute Hazel Atlas blue bubble depression glass set with a tea cup, saucer and salad plate for $5.00.  The two retro shot glasses were .$25 each and the snack tray was $2.00.  I am using that as a jewelry catchall on my dresser.  The Gemco nut chopper I got at Goodwill.
Saturday it was off to the Antique Fair.  Such fun stuff to look at but mostly way overpriced.  I was able to get ahold of this Pyrex Bluebird casserole with lid that I have been coveting FOREVER.  I also got this Gooseberry #441 cinderella bowl.  I'm one step closure to completing another set!
When we got home from the fair on Saturday,  I found this super cute vintage Hamilton Beach stand mixer on my counter.  My mother in law picked it up for me from a client of hers.  It still works and came with a Sunbeam mixer recipe book (I know, kind of strange).  It had the large original Pyrex bowl it came with and I just so happened to have the smaller one with the spout.  So now I have the complete set!  Sister, aren't you so jealous?
On Sunday, I went to the Picadilly Flea Market and got these two cute old tin recipe boxes and these fun little coffee cups.
I also got these two large Pyrex refrigerator dishes and the Designs 1-1/2 quart bowl.  The clear glass Pyrex Flameware covered dish was nothing that I had ever seen before so I got that too.  I am not sure if it is meant to be a casserole dish or a refrigerator dish.  Any ideas?  All of these pieces are in mint condition.  I got them all from the same seller for $12.00.  Not too bad.  Also, the yellow dish just so happened to be the second one with a lid that I found this week thrifting.  Crazy.
Yes, it's another Royal China Jeannette pie plate.  Why am I such a sucker for these?  Along with the pizza one that I got last week, I now have a total of 6.  Maybe I should use them?
And as promised last week, here is the cute little shabby yellow shelf I got.  It now holds some of my pottery collection.  Now I am going to drive myself crazy trying to find that one last piece to fill the shelf.  Keep your eyes out, Sister!


Well Sister, I know that we were kind of dissapointed with the whole antique fair, but at least we got to see eachother and our thrifting finds for the week weren't too bad were they?  Next time I say we leave your brother at home but not my brother.  I know he secretly loves thrifting as much as we do.


5 comments:

  1. So many great finds! I love the Bluebird casserole! I wanted to go to that antique fair, but had to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about having to miss it. Have you ever gone to the Coburg Antique Fair in Eugene? Its always the Sunday right after Labor Day and it is awesome. The best I have ever been to by far

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your great Pyrex finds!! I used to have that cherry pie plate and I think I had a lemon meringue one too.

    I'm your newest follower - I'll be anxious to see what you find next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jill. I just found your blog today too and am your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete