Welcome To

Welcome To

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Antique Fair Summary

So, Sister and I didn't have as successful of an adventure at the antique fair as we had hoped.  We both picked up a few cute things, but I think we were both hoping to come home with more.  I also think that we are ruined for antique fairs because everything just feels over priced when you know on a lucky day you could find some of the same items at a thrift store.  None the less, here are a few things I picked up.

As I've said before, I am a sucker for anything bird themed.  I got this twin sized chenille bed spread for $22, which I though was really reasonable.  Sister has multiple beautiful chenille bed spreads in her home, but this is my first.  Why is it Sister, that once you start collecting something, I need it too?  I think it's your good taste :)
Continuing with the bird theme, I pointed this  martini shaker out to my husband and he bought it for me.  It looks really cute with all the bird glasses I picked up last weekend.

Lastly I bought both the above Pyrex for $20.  I finally have a cradle for my oval casseroles!  I have only seen the Tulip pattern in the Pyrex Unauthorized Guide so I was happy to buy it and I really like the size of this Gold Leaf Pan.


Well, Sister and I attempted to do a little thrifting after the show and both found a few things.  I bought a couple items to paint and antique, which I hope to get to next weekend, so stay tuned.  Sister, why don't you share that real special Pyrex you found at the Antique Show?

No comments:

Post a Comment