Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another No School Day, Another Blog

Well, work was cancelled yesterday because of the snow and it is canceled today because of hurricane force winds, so I have to say for once I am thankful that I love on the Oregon Coast!  Yesterday the roads were fine so I went to the 4 thrift stores I have in my area and did pretty well for myself.


One of my most exciting finds are the Cornell White handless mugs.  I didn't know what they were, but they were so heavy duty and unique I had to buy them.  With a little research I found out they were used by the Navy in WWII and are hand-warming mugs.  They are super thick and hearty and go for a great price online, so although I think they are awesome, I am going to sell these.
Sister got a steal of a deal a while back at a garage sale down the street and came out with a few cute pieces of pink depression glass (I forget the pattern!)  I have been determined since then to find some depression glass of my own so that I can start collecting it.  This cute little saucer caught my eye and was in a stack of other pink plates that were definitely not old.  I found it online and it was produced by Jeannette and is called the Holiday Buttons and Bows pattern.  I paid $2 for it and am really excited to start seeking this pattern out!

Well as I sit here and ponder what to do around the house, I wonder, Sister, what kind of thrifting adventures will you have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment