Welcome To

Welcome To

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thrifter Sisters First Swap!

Happy Sunday, Everyone!
 
Recently, Hanna, Maddie & I participated in our very first swap.  We joined Erica and lots of our other blog friends for The Golden Egg Vintage Annual Candy Box Swap.  I will admit, Sister and I were a little nervous about making these boxes.  What if they didn't turn out how we hoped and our swap partners didn't like them?  The fearless Miss Maddie wasn't worried at all, though!  She had enough confidence for all of us.
 
Well needless to say, all three of our boxes turned out amazing if I do say so myself.  I will admit that I had a hard time letting go of the one that I made for Deb from Garage Sale Gal!  I loved it that much but it couldn't have gone to a nicer person.  Plus, now that I know that I can make them, I can always put one together for myself.
 
We only got a couple of photos from our crafting day last weekend.  Maddie was hard at work while Sister and I were enjoying our Mimosa's.
 
Lucky Maddie got Erica from Golden Egg Vintage as her swap partner.  She was super excited!
 
 
 
  Here is Hanna helping Maddie hot glue some vintage buttons onto her box. 
 
 
She focused really hard on making sure that everything was placed just right.
 
 
She knew exactly what she wanted to do and didn't want our help at all!  I will let Erica show you all the finished product.  I am pretty proud of my girl!
 
As I told you all before, my partner was Deb from Garage Sale Gal.  She created to sweetest box for me with amazing vintage touches.
 
 
 
 
 
My favorite part are the little lovebirds.  They are so sweet!
 
And of course it was chock full of little treats
 
 
Lots of crafting goodies
 
 
A little card and my first hankie!
 
 
More cute cards
 
 
Yummy treats!  I am definitely making the Mocha today.  It's really cold outside and it will be the perfect pick me up.
 
 
Deb also sent me this cute ornament, some recipe cards, and a pink glittery E for Erica. Pink glitter? The perfect combo!
 
Next time Miss Maddie and I will show you all of the goodies and the amazing box that Erica sent her.
 
Until then,
 
Erica

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the box you received, it's a work of art! Lots of fun goodies too.

    Maddie looks very confident,good for her! She's so cute.

    This was my first swap too, and I was nervous, but it sure is fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone's heart boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely getting on the crafty bandwagon, I just bought my first Smash book, I'll be ready for the next swap, whatever it is!!

    It looks like Maddie was having a great time, she looks very focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at Maddie crafting away! great job! Oh I hope you had fun! I like to join about 1 or 2 swaps a year!.

    When I first started blogging 5 years ago, I was collecting vintage cards and hankies. I never stick with just one thing. It's always on to something new that has be going ga-ga! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful! Maddie did a great job, she looks like she had a really good time! I think all of you girls did a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Lots of fun for you girls. I love the hankie - and the glittery pink E!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet box from Deb! And it sure looks like you are havng fun making your boxes to trade!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable box from Deb! Isn't she the sweetest lady! I just love her! I can't wait to see the box you made. I'm a new follower of your blog!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete