Welcome To

Welcome To

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Miss Ellanorah's Wonderland

Good morning! 

Last Sunday, family and friends honored Hanna and Miss Ellanorah with an Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Tea Party themed baby shower.  Let me tell you, it was a labor of love!  I worked tirelessly for weeks to prepare for this big event.  After all, Norah is the first child that will make me an aunt so a big celebration was in order!  A few times I had to remind myself that this wasn't a party for me, but for Hanna and the baby:-)  Obviously I wasn't just going to buy a bunch of stuff from Party City and throw it together.  Oh no.  This party had to have a vintage vibe.  And I am happy to say it all went off without a hitch.

Lots of photos.  Hope you all enjoy!


 The shower was held at The Campbell House, a historic boutique hotel.
The theme was a surprise so when Hanna got there, I gave her a copy of the invitation.


Sisters!  In case you are confused, the pregnant one is on the left.


I promise you there is a baby in that tiny belly of hers.


Alex's girlfriend, Maddy (yep, another one), drew this amazing welcome sign that we had a the front door.  I am on the hunt for another chalkboard so that Maddy can recreate this for Norah's nursery.  This one is mine!



I had the best time searching for vintage teacups and saucers for the party favors.  Each one contained a tiny jar of honey, a honey dipper, teabags, and a sweet Alice themed charm.






Lots of colorful decorations. 


Since she did all the flower arrangements for Matt & Hanna's wedding reception, it is now a given that my best friend Rachel does the flowers for all of the events that we do!





What is a Mad Hatter tea party without clocks and lots of random decorations?



The cupcakes were a major team effort.  Maddie spent hours creating the toppers.  Brian made the actual cupcakes and Maddie and Maddy decorated them.  I even put Brian to work making cake stands!


Maddie's candy buffet!  See all those colorful chocolates on the tiered trays?  She made all of those from scratch.



More from the sweets table.  My mother in law made those wonky looking petit fours.  Don't they fit in with the theme perfect?



The Campbell House did an amazing job catering this event.  The food was perfect for an afternoon tea party!


The tables settings were perfect, each with it's own teapot.  There were also Mimosa's (of course!).



Hanna spent a lot of time opening gifts.  Miss Norah is already so spoiled!


I love this photo.  My sister is so pretty :-)  Pregnancy definitely agrees with her.  But just don't ask her what her opinion is on that!


Magpie Ethel just couldn't keep her hands off of the colorful tissue paper and put herself to work organizing it.  I joked that she was going to thrown together some tissue paper flowers :-)  Thanks again, Laurie!


And then the party was over.  Now we wait.  Oh please Norah, don't be late!  Especially because your loving aunt has a concert and Plucky Maiden's to attend right around your due date!

Thank you so much to everybody that helped put this wonderful event together.  I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Until next time....

Erica















14 comments:

  1. What a sweet labor of love for Hanna and little Norah! You can tell how much love went into it through all the pictures! Everything looks amazing!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie (my sis) and I are having so much fun looking at these pics! I was looking forward to this post! I knew you would pull off a beautiful and special party for Hanna and Norah. Love the theme!
    Great Job!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun theme - love it. And your sister is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun attending and you did such a wonderful job (and Maddie too) Little Norah is going to be one lucky little gal to have you for an auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fun theme for the shower. Love the tea cup favors. Everything is so cute and it all looks wonderful. Hanna is definitely a glowing Mom to be. Lucky little Norah! You did great Aunt Erica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a wonderful event! You're such a thoughtful sister (and aunt), Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever theme for a baby shower. Those teacup party favors are just divine. The details are just wonderful. Such a special day for your sister. I've been looking forward to this post ever since your IG posts! Norah is going to be such a lucky little girl. Continued blessings for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Erica!!! What a stunning party! You did a fabulous job with this theme, I'm so impressed! I love it all, especially the sign, those tea cup favors, and the dessert table with the checkerboard tablecloths. It all came together beautifully.

    I ADORE the name, Hanna! And yes, you look fabulous and like you're barely just pregnant (though I know, because I've been there, that's probably not how you feel!) What a beautiful memories you sisters have together of the baby shower.

    Cheers,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful party for your sis!! Love all the sweet touches and teacups! I've been excited to see your post with those peaks on IG!! :) Norah will be such a lucky little baby girl with you as her auntie!! :) Congratulations to Hanna and baby! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute theme.
    So festive!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything for your shower was so cute and clever! I loved it all. Thanks for sharing the special day with blog land. That is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All did a great job on the shower. Norah will definitely be spoiled before she arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did such a great job! I adore that chalkboard!!! Very cute. Hope you two are enjoying the weekend and not laboring away :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Before my wedding I asked many last minute questions from the manager, and his answer was always: "we have that covered" or "no problem". It was extremely comforting. I am so thankful to the manager and the staff at Wedding location in Chicago for all of their efforts on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete