Welcome To

Welcome To

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Coburg Antique Fair Finds

Hi Everyone!

I would have shown you all my treasures from the Coburg Antique Fair a little sooner but that sneaky sister of mine blogged before me!  I didn't want to steal her blogging glory, especially since she doesn't get to show off her finds as often as I do so I figured I'd wait a couple of days.  I know, I know.  I am the nicest sister in the world :-)

The fair opened officially at 8:00 but since it's out in the open, people get there as early as 4 am with their flashlights to start digging.  That's a little early, even for an early riser like me.  So Maddie & I got there at about 7:30.  There were already a good amount of people there but not so many that you couldn't walk around each booth freely.  That didn't happen until about 10:00 so we had lots of time to ourselves to pick before the after church crowd showed up.

The first booth we stopped in had some great smalls that would not very likely be there had we come later, and definitely not at the great prices the sellers were asking.


Bride & groom mica birds marked Japan.  Are you dying?!


Old birds for the Christmas tree


A pink mica snowman with a turquoise hat!


A couple of 50 cent holiday candy containers.

There was a lot of Pyrex at this festival.  One of the first booths we visited had two six foot long tables full of it, but I only had eyes for this beauty


I already have this Pink Scroll Space Saver.  My wonderful Sisterita bought it for me for Christmas.  But for $14 there was no way I was leaving it behind.  Ready for a funny Maddie story?  So when I go to the Coburg Antique Fair, I almost always barter.  Even if I'm just asking them to drop the price a couple of dollars, I figure it's worth a shot, even if the sellers say no.  Well we all know how Miss Maddie loves to barter so she makes me stand off to the side while she talks money with the sellers.  I told her to offer $12.00 on this.  After she spoke to the seller, she called me over to pay.  Imagine my surprise when the lady told me I owed her $10.00.  As we were walking away, I asked Maddie why I only had to pay $10.00.  She told me that she didn't think $12.00 was a good price so she asked to get it for 10.  That's my girl!


I told you guys that I was specifically going to be looking for throw rugs and stuff for Maddie's room remodel.  I was happy to find this runner.  Maddie got the guy to knock $5 off the price AND throw in a pink plastic piggy bank for her collection which you will see in a bit.


Is this little barrel not the perfect trash can for a vintage cowgirl room remodel?


This turquoise beauty brings my grand total of these metal patio chairs to 5.  I love that I don't even have to paint it!


I have a really difficult time leaving well priced tins behind.  The one on the right is actually an old Hershey candy container painted with a cute decal added.


This old rooster cake carrier is still sitting on my dining room table.  I'm not exactly sure yet where I am going to put it.  Do you ever do that?  Buy things that you have no place for but love it so much it doesn't matter?


No friends, I am not showing you my pink Rainbow Stripe bowls again (although I'm sure you wouldn't mind).  This is ANOTHER set that I found at Coburg for a price so good, I would have been a lunatic to leave behind.  Haven't I told you all that it's a good idea to have a backup?  Now I don't have to worry about using my other set.


Surprisingly, I only came home with one tablecloth, but isn't it pretty?  It was pretty stained up but a good soak and hang in the sun got it good as new.


I have had the pink version of this salt and pepper set pinned on my Vintage Pinks board on Pinterest forever.  I seriously never thought I would actually come across one in person and in turquoise no less!


Hanna and I have different feelings about these Hazel Atlas ivy bowls.  I love them but sister says she won't buy them because the ivy is an invasive species. Dang Oregon college education!


I guess she wouldn't have bought this Pyrex Ivy 444 either!  I did though because I have the matching 441 and bracket so now I can put the whole Chip & Dip set together.


I love these bake, serve, & store casseroles and Horizon Blue is one of my favorite patterns to collect.  I bought the Sweetheart Drinking Straws to use in my Valentine's Day decorations.  Don't you think they are perfect for that?


I have always coveted these child size watering cans.  Can you believe that I have found two this Summer?  This one is in way better condition than the one I found at the Plucky Maiden show.  Maddie bartered on the Frigidaire advertising glass for me with one of my dealer friends.  I was standing off to the side like I was told and I saw him notice it was Maddie and start looking around for me.  He started cracking up when he spotted me and yelled "getting your daughter to do your dirty work for you?".  The glass is really cool.  It has swatches of all of the refrigerator colors on it.  I wonder if they gave it to you when you bought the refrigerator or maybe gave it to you as a way to entice you into buying one?


Maddie found this pair of kissing salt & pepper shakers that she informed me will be decorating her bedroom this holiday season.  The aforementioned free pig joined all of his friends in her advertising bank collection.  And an antique fair just wouldn't be an antique fair without a furry figurine!




Maddie is really starting to get particular about the books she wants in her collection so although there was amount of vintage books for sale would have filled a library, she only brought home these six.  One booth we were in was really crowed so I decided to walk out rather than fight for space.  As I was leaving, I heard Maddie ask me for a dollar.  When I got out of the booth, I got a dollar out of my wallet and called to her to come and get it.  She looked at me and shook her head and held her finger up to her lips.  I could tell she was trying not to laugh.  Then she slid a dollar bill out from behind the book she was wanting to buy.  I asked her where she got it and she pointed to a sweet looking little old lady.  Evidently the lady heard Maddie ask me for a dollar so she slipped her one and whispered "Happy Birthday".  Maddie says we have to Pay it Forward now. 

So although we had a really fun day together, we both missed Hanna tons!  I saw so many things I knew she would love but probably wouldn't have room for.  She is a lot more disciplined when I am when it comes to possible vintage hoarding.  But I did manage to pick this up for her


Please excuse the little hand in the photo.  Maddie was trying to tear of the price tag before we took the picture to send to Hanna.  How cute is this lamp?  I told her that it was for a possible future baby's room but I have a feeling it will be on her nightstand before that!

Lots of photos & lots of treasures.  I can't wait until next year.  I am so fortunate to have such a great show 20 minutes from my house.  But next year, Hanna will be with us if I have to drive to Astoria and get her myself!

Linking up with:

Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Jann Olson for SYC Thursday
The Cottage Market for Junkin' Joe
Sir Thrift-A-Lot for Thriftasaurus

And when Pink Saturday is up over at How Sweet the Sound, I will party there too!

Have a great upcoming weekend!

~Erica

30 comments:

  1. Looks like you really hit the jackpot! I love turquoise chair. And the ivy bowls. Oh yes, ivy is so invasive, we're always having to tear a bunch of it out to keep it under control. It get's right up under the shingles on the side of the house. But it does stay green during the winter, so I put up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Do you even know how fast I clicked on your post? lol I was so excited to see those birds! I have one bride and groom and like a dozen single ones. Love them!
    I can't believe you found another chair! And another whole set of pink stripes??? Who do you think you are?
    Ha!
    Maddie is wise to be selective when it comes to choosing her vintage books. And I can tell she's now getting the more rare ones too. It's so easy to just let yourself grab every cute book. Before you know it you've got a problem...not like I'm speaking from experience or anything! lol
    Ahhh I want that pink snowman! Please send asap! ;)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my plan. Next year I will go to the show. Maddie will disappear for a bit (don't be alarmed). She will be doing my wheeling and dealing...just for a bit..c'mon! Looks like it was a fun day and wish it was only 20 minutes from my house too. We used to get there about 4:30 in the a.m. with flashlights..it would be freezing. I like your arrival time better.
    Loving those mica birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many great things! I love it all, we'd provably have a knock down drag out fight over thing's if we went shopping together! BUT with Maddie the Barter WiZaRd on your side, you would undoubtedly win! I love the straws box, and the fridge glass, and OF COURSE all the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow!! You are lucky and what a haul!
    I'd love tpo go fleaing with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! So many amazing finds- LOVE he pink striped bowls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finds! I'm super jelly of those pink stripes. Lucky lucky! Love reading about Maddie's savvy shopping scores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I am seriously so jealous right now. You got some great stuff! I love the salt and pepper and of course all of the great Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW -- so many awesome finds! All of these would fit into my home (or antique booth) perfectly! Love that we have the same taste... although it is rather hard knowing that I can't just come pick these up, being 2000+ miles away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you and Maddie! I get to enjoy your shopping trips and buys without leaving my iPad! And I do not have to worry about storing anything either. It is all safe at YOUR house. ;)))) hugs for you two. Linda @Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a smart and brave little junker she is becoming. You go girl! :-)(I am still working on getting Jack to pay for his own stuff, ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun trip with lots of scores!

    I'd love to know what you paid for the watering can. They are so expensive around here! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. With all my pyrex hunting I have yet to see pink bowls! Maybe pyrex is regional? You did wonderful, so many fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, sooo jealous right now! Pyrex finds are ace. The pink Pyrex, cute apple S&P's and sinister looking snowman are my favourite finds from this haul, but they're all pretty good. Glad to see you picked up a Horizon Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright, now you're just showing off! ; )
    I think I'm most jealous of your newest chair. It looks like it's in such great shape. The apple salt and pepper shaker set is awesome too! And all your Pyrex...squeeee!
    Ok, so I'm jealous of all of it! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what wonderful buys! I can't decide what I like best, but as a fellow s&p collector, I'll pick those.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You now have me looking hard at Pyrex even though I haven't a clue what it is worth. Love the candy holders and the little mica snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful collection of finds! With the cold weather coming, there won't be many more days of yard sales, so it will be auctions and thrift stores 'til spring!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a successful shopping trip! The fairs over there sound just like here (La France) with the early mornings and people 'hunting' out items with torches. I was supposed to be doing a fair today and was up at 5am and out the door with my pack-up lunch.........only I stepped into rain! Oh well, always tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of super cute things! I really like that S&P!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa!! This is an awesome haul! I just adore the salt & pepper shakers. I've been on the lookout for Pink Scrolls since forever, if you ever find another let me know! I'll buy one in a heartbeat!

    I love everything you picked up!

    Cheers,
    Heather @ www.larkandlola.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You were a busy little bee - great bartering too. Never any harm in asking!
    Wrenx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many great finds I always like seeing Pyrex finds.
    The metal chair I wouldn't be able to get it in the car fast enough if I found it.
    The little snowman who could resist.
    You scored.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your vintage finds were super!! I really love the pink striped bowls! And you have 2 sets, now!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! What a fun day you two had! Love everything you got and I can't believe a second set of pink bowls! You lucky duck!

    Ranae

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh girl, you found some awesome finds! I would go nuts at this sale. Maddie is definitely following in her mothers footsteps. Why not let her do your dirty work if it gets a better price. Hee-hee! Love the vintage Christmas and you can never have too much Pyrex. lol! Great metal chair, barrel, and I have never seen a S&P set like that. Good job for sure! Thanks for sharing your treasures with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete