Welcome To

Welcome To

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back Again!

It seems like it has been forever since I blogged last.  Hopefully with Summer vacation starting soon, I can get into blogging a few times a week.  I did visit Sister in Astoria last weekend and we did pretty well on the Worlds Longest Garage Sale and even better just around her little town.  Unfortunately, all that stuff is still in a pile on my office floor.  But don't worry, blogger friends!  I still have pictures I haven't shown you all from some of my previous adventures.
Maddy collects little furry figurines.  I bought her these at the flea market.  She has quite the collection.  Stay tuned for her guest blogs this Summer.  She is really excited to share her collections with everyone.
I have been pretty lucky finding these little angels at the thrift stores lately.  I found all three of these at random Goodwill's around town. My only regret is that I wish I had known about the Josef number angels sooner. It would have been great to give Miss Maddy one each year on her birthday.
I found these angels in the collectibles case at SVDP the other day for $1.99 each.  They were all marked "as is" but for the life of me I can't find anything wrong with them and neither could the cashier.  I was super excited to find the July angel.  I can't wait to use it in my 4th of July decorations.
Maddy has decided that she is going to start collecting mice figurines.  So far she has found these two so one more to go and then it will be an actual collection.
I'm still having zero luck in the Pyrex finding department at Goodwill but I haven't been doing too bad finding vintage pottery.  I have never seen lavender before and this one is marked USA.  My favorite find lately is this awesome pink star marked California Pottery.


Want to hear something completely and totally crazy?  I found the Fire King cup and saucer in the top photo in a free box at a yard sale.  Who does that? Awesome people, that's who.  The other two Fire King pieces I found at Goodwill. See, Goodwill has been good to me lately.  But they really need to bring on the Pyrex!
And what blog of mine would be complete without some little Christmas treasures?  I found all of these little Santa's for 10 cents apiece at an estate sale.  The guy running the sale let me have them for a quarter. Bargain :-)


So I'm a little stressed about the sale situation for the upcoming weekend.  There are 4 park wide sales that start tomorrow and you all know how I love the trailer park sales. Then, there are two neighborhood wide sales and one has 100+ homes participating!  Not counting the random single sales here and there.

Stay tuned!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment