Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, February 27, 2012

Church Rummage Sale Goodies

When I headed out the door on Friday morning, I had a list of 9 estate sales that I wanted to try to get to before I had to pick up the kids from school.  Of course they all started at the same time and they weren't close to one another.  I decided that my best bet would be the 99+ family church rummage sale.  I thought it would be like a big flea market.  I knew that I had made the right decision when I showed up and my aunt who owns the vintage store was there.
I have wanted a Tupperware baking mat FOREVER and found one of the vintage ones from 1958.  I also found 2 Starbucks mugs, a turquoise drinking glass, a single book shelf, and this funny Big Boy Barbecue Book from 1963.  The illustrations are hilarious.  The prices at this rummage sale were so ridiculously cheap.  I got all of the items in this picture for $2.25.  There was so much stuff and so many people that I had to go through all the tables again to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

That was when I saw this........
You might remember in a blog I posted last month that I bought one of these from my favorite antique mall booths.  There are two differences between the one I bought there and the one I found at the rummage sale.  First, the one I previously purchased has Bakelite handles where as this one has the wood handles.  The other difference is that I paid $12.95 at the antique mall which at the time I thought was an awesome price.  At the church rummage sale I picked up this little beauty for, are you ready?  50 Cents!!  It is in perfect condition and it had been sitting on the table waiting for me for a good 30 minutes before I found it. 

Can I just tell you how much I have decided I love church rummage sales?

Not pictured is the gallon Ziplock bag of chip clips I got for a quarter.  Sister made fun of me about that purchase but little did she know that chip clips were actually on my Target list.

More later......

3 comments:

  1. How can you tell the baking mat is from 1958? Is it printed on it somwhere? And What a score on the Penquin warmer! I love mine, and I really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mick,

      I did a little online research and found that this particular style of mat was made in from 1958-1977. Tupperware made different patterned ones after that. Mine has a copyright 1958 mark on it. Thanks so much for reading our blog. I enjoy reading yours too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete