Welcome To

Welcome To

Friday, December 21, 2012

Lots To Do!

The next few days are going to be super busy for me (as I am sure they will be for all of you).  Sister gets here today, Alex has a chiropractic appointment this morning and a game tonight, and we are supposed to be baking some more tomorrow but someone (ahem, Sister) wants to do a little thrifting.  Now normally this wouldn't be an issue.  But on Sunday we are hosting our annual Christmas brunch for about 20+ people and I have a lot to do to get prepared!  I always get so distracted when my Sisterita is here!  Plus, I have to get caught up with all of my finds! 
 
 
I managed to grab this blow mold out of a cart that was being wheeled out of the back at Goodwill.  The worker didn't even stop as I grabbed it.  She must have thought I was a complete idiot!  I also picked up this Santa candle holder for Sister (it's a duplicate find for me this year).  The salt and pepper shakers are a little rough for wear but they are old dangit!  I can't pass up anything old and marked Japan.
 
 
I also found the matching candlestick holders for the Lefton Holly set I blogged about the other day.
 
 
 
 
I got a Ziploc bag filled with tiny little Christmas crafting things at SVDP.
 
 
I also picked up this amazing picture book
 
 
 
 
Check out those photos!
 
 
During our most recent trip to Glory Days, Maddie picked out these plastic Santa candy holders and these little Santa figurines for crafting.  They aren't old but sure are cute!
 
 
And of course she also picked out another blow mold and some more Putz houses.  Sadly, with the chaos of the season, we didn't get a chance to decorated them.  Oh well, there is always next year!
 
Can you believe that I still have more to show you? 
 
On a much more somber note, as you all know, today marks one week since the tragedy at Sandy Hook.  If you can, wear a little bit of green to honor the victims.
 
I'm linking up over at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday.  See you there!
 
Happy Holidays, Friends!
 
Erica
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Astonishing! You definitely live in a thrift store Christmas wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know I would love to go shopping with you, but wait! we like the same stuff!
    So many good finds you have.
    Enjoy your sister time..wish I had one.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to set up a Blogging Get-Together in 2013! I vote to do it in your neck of the woods! And, I get dibs on Maddie as a shop partner! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great finds! But, I LOVE those Lefton Holly candle holders! Beautiful! Thank youf or sharing at TTF. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls sure are racking up the vintage craft supplies! I love it all! And what is with these schools that schedule a game the Friday night before x-mas??? Don't they realize that they're cutting in to major baking and wrapping time! Not to mention thrifting time with sisters! lol
    Happy Holidays to you all!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the vintage goodies you found! And that book looks beautiful... hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for snagging the Santa head blow mold from the cart..I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete