Welcome To

Welcome To

Friday, November 16, 2012

And More.....

I have been hitting up the local thrift stores just about daily.  I love this time of year when all of the holiday decorations are out.  I have found some pretty good things but feel like I can't share them until I have shown you all of The Great Vintage Christmas Haul of 2012.  So here it is, Part 4 of the continuing saga...

 
Not one but two plastic Santa's in their sleighs with reindeer.  I love old plastic Christmas decor.  The tacky-er the better!
 
Lot's of plastic deer and a Kohler Bros. Santa push button puppet.

I found a bunch of random little miscellaneous things.  These will be good for crafting.
There was a stack of old magazines in the bottom of one of the boxes.  It's from 1960 and I think a pretty good addition to my kitchy vintage Christmas collection.

Maddie was pretty excited to find this activity book.  It's copyright date is 1960 and it has never been used.  She told me "don't worry, Mom.  I know not to color in it".  She's been taught well.

Hope you are all enjoying these posts as much as I am enjoying sharing everything with you!  Bright and early tomorrow morning, Maddie and I are heading up to Portland to the Plucky Maidens show.  I can't wait to check out Magpie Ethel's booth.  I am sure I will be bringing home lots of treasures.

Linking up over at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.

I'll be back tomorrow!

Erica

 

13 comments:

  1. I adore vintage Christmas tchotchke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh you found some real goodies ! I love when I find vintage Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reindeer will be popping up all over your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have too many decorations now so not looking at any more. In fact, going to see if my daughter-in-law and granddaughter want what I have. I do not do decorating for just myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol laughing at what Jill said.
    OK, I was hoping that the title of this post was going to be "The Last of The Christmas Haul 2012"! Just because this is agony! haha
    But I have a feeling that the Saga continues! This is one for the record books! LOVE the Activity Fun Book!
    OK...lets see what's next :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drive safe! See you two tomorrow...you can't miss my colorful glittery booth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all things vintage and the Christmas decorations are the best. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica, What fabulous finds! I love the reindeers. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Thanksgiving too. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your finds..I have been collecting too. Each piece is just a little treasure!!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Pink Saturday too.
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your new found treasure are right up my alley. Especially love the Santa sleighs! I recently found a sweet vintage one that is all white. Can't wait to use it in a vignette. I love vintage plastic also. I rarely run across it. Visiting from Pink Saturday, now following you. Scrolling down to see other fun finds.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann!

      Thanks so much for following us. We will definitely be checking out your blog too. It's so much fun to find bloggers who share the love of the same things that we do!

      Erica & Hanna

      Delete
  11. Love the 2 Santa sleighs you found! I'm kicking myself for getting one I saw at a church rummage sale earlier this fall. Your vintage Christmas haul has been fun to follow.
    Enjoy you treasure hunting this weekend and I can't wait to see what you come home with!
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete