Welcome To

Welcome To

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Vintage Christmas at Erica & Maddie's!

It's here, everyone!  Time to show you all why it took me 3 days to decorate.  I love this time of year so much.  It's so fun to pull out all of my decorations and either remember where I got them or remember that I have them!  It took me a little longer than usual to put everything out because I was really trying to mix things up from last year.  I think I succeeded! 

Enjoy, friends!


Last year, I decorated my aluminum tree in all pink Shiny Brites.  This year, I went with blue.


The wreath that Maddie, Hanna, & I made last year.  Question for all of you wreath makers....how do you keep the ornaments from falling off while the wreath is being stored?  I had about 10 ornaments in the bottom of the box that I had to re-glue.


The little nook in my living room.  Hanna & I decided this is our favorite decorated spot in the house.

 
 
 

Santa Madness!!


I only found a couple new Santa boots this year but I honestly don't know how I could fit more.  The Santa & reindeer blow mold was a gift from Brian and the kids last year.  I never got around to taking a picture of it.


Last year, the top of my Pyrex cabinet was home to all of my Santa mugs.  This year, I decided it was a good place to display my tins and tape dispensers along with other red and green things.


During the rest of the year, these jars hold kitchen things like sugar and drink mixes.  I emptied them out and added some mercury glass garland, bottle brush trees, old cookie cutters, and ornament hook boxes.  I love this area!


All of the cute thrifted Lefton holly tableware I have picked up over the last couple of years.  I displayed it on my dining room table on top of the giant Poinsettia tablecloth I got at the flea market.


During the rest of the year, this shelf holds my collection of Swanky Swigs.  I think it's the perfect spot for all of my Christmas girls.


I'm super proud of this window display.  I thought of it all by myself!  I took the vintage piece of fabric I bought at the flea market a few weeks ago and used vintage clothespins to attach my old stocking collection to it.  Isn't it sweet?


This shelf normally holds my vintage syrup dispensers.  This year it is home to my cute caroler collection.


Here is my Tom's Peanuts store display rack, which is usually where I keep my souvenir glasses.  It holds my vintage Christmas glassware perfectly.


I switched out my turquoise cart for my red one.  It holds lots of great vintage kitchen stuff in Christmas colors.


Some of these boxes are empty and some have ornaments in them.  A lot of times I just buy the ornaments to display the boxes. Shiny Brite boxes are the best!


Insane, isn't it?  Can you believe the amount of Santa mugs I have acquired in the last year?  I should tell you that all of the ones in the back row are sitting on top of even more Santa mugs that you can't see!  Quite the mantle display, huh?


I love this little mish-mash display, especially the old scale with the egg basket full of old ornaments. 


Maddie's Rushton Santa along with the Santa pillow I found at an estate sale earlier in the year.


Little angels displayed on a stack of vintage suitcases.


Out of all of my blow molds, this little redheaded angel is at the top of my list of favorites.


I put all of my Gurley candles on the shelf right outside Alex's bedroom door.  I figured that they were the safest thing to put there since he runs into this shelf and knocks things off of it at least once a week!


My entry way table holds all of my reindeer and bottle brush trees & wreaths.  There are also some random blow molds hanging out there too.


Hanna walked into this table the other day and knocked over just about every single thing on it.  She spent a good 15 minutes trying to put it back together!


I bought this little tinsel tree at the antique mall last year.  It's the perfect size to hang my tiny Shiny Brites on.


My most prized possession.  This is the ceramic tree that my Grandma Gloria had made for me the year I was born, 37 years ago.  That makes it vintage, right?


Last but not least, our tree.  This year I thought I would save myself some work and go with a smaller tree.  Normally we get about a 12' one but this year our tree is about 8'.  I didn't even get to use half of my ornaments!  Next year, we will be getting a much taller one.

So that's it for me.  I hope that you guys enjoyed everything as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you.  It's a lot of hard work but so worth it in the end.  Now I just have to psych myself up to pack it all away. 

Merry Christmas to all of you out in blogland!!

We will be back soon...

~Erica

17 comments:

  1. Wow! I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite area. You nailed it! Everything is perfectly displayed and just Merry! I love it all. Wishing you, Hannah, Maddie and family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I've had such fun seeing all of the precious vintage Christmas this year and fun hunting for it! Merry Christmas from Florida! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! I have never ever seen anything like your Christmas collections! And I thought I was a collector! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!!! What fun? You have a great collection of vintage Christmas goodies!!!

    Merry Chrsitmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU HAVE A LOT OF CHRISTMAS! Loving the Santa mantle and the Christmas girls on the shelf.
    On those wreaths. I hot glue really well. I add some extra hot glue here and there just to keep stuff together. Occasionally I will have to reglue some ornaments tho. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost that person with the bookshelf of Santa mugs! Wonder if you will surpass them in 2014?

    Love all your displays!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you bought any Santa mugs from antique stores? What's the most you've paid for.one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica, it's like a vintage Christmas wonderland! It's hard to choose but I think my favorite is the red card with the Pyrex and Jadeite and stuff on it. I can't believe how many Gurley candles you've found! Your displays are so well put-together and everything looks so festive and fun! Merry Christmas to you and Maddie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What incredibly beautiful displays you made - I love them all, but I am really in love with the gorgeous ornament wreath! Now I am going to go back and look at the pictures all over again :) Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked at it all last night but couldn't comment because I was just on my phone. So now I sat down with the computer and looked at all of your pictures again. And then I made them bigger. haha
    It's insane how much stuff you have! What was I whining about??? You had like 10 times more stuff to put out than I did! LOL
    It's AMAZING! My favorite is the red cart. The reindeer cookie jar lid found it's perfect spot!
    When I made my wreath I used a ton of glue. I never actually stored it in a box either, so it has always stayed in an upright position. I just hung it on a hook way up high in a storage closet. No loose bulbs so far.
    I've been (mentally) creating my 2014 "MUST FIND" list. How about you? It's been fun to come up with new things, and put some of my other collections to rest.
    Ok, I'll end this EMAIL now. LOL
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I am going to fly you out to Indiana next year so you can help me get my decorations out and think up amazing displays like this! I love it all. I seriously love it all! However, due to being the vintage kitchen lover that I am, the red bar cart with all the goodies on it, was my favorite. So, do you wanna talk about too many ornaments? I usually put up a 12', a 8', and 2 4' trees... and still have way too many ornaments to spare! I shared my "Shiny Brite Mountain" of ornament boxes back in Nov 2011... and I know I had 2 stacks over 6 feet tall. I know I've bought many ornaments in the last 2 years... I bet those stacks are crazy tall now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Melissa ^, wanna come do my house next year?! Your decorations turned out lovely! I can't decide on a favorite area. I really love all the Santa's but I also really love all the little deer and bottle brush trees. That one might be the winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing a tour of your home all decorated for Christmas. It looks lovely. The santas - oh my goodness! That is quite a collection! My favorite of all has to be the red cart with the Pyrex and vintage kitchen. So, so cute. I want to paint the card that I have that is similar red! Loving all of your displays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness it all looks so GREAT! So many santa mugs on your mantle, I can recall you picking up one or two here but to see them all together WOW! haha I LOVE the blue shiny brights on the Aluminum tree (we did the same thing at the Casablanca, Great minds!) so much to look at! I like all your mercury glass beads and picks. Your house looks swell, Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun! I love your ceramic tree!!!! And the gurley candles. I love the ornament wreath you made which included a couple of gurley's, too. Sorry some have fallen off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If your ornaments are falling off then you must be using low temp glue. You must use a quality glue gun and high temp glue.

    ReplyDelete