Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, December 23, 2013

Getting To The Last Of It Part 2

Can you all believe that Christmas Eve is tomorrow?  I am really feeling that one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  I have had to bypass some annual holiday events this year (baking, crafting, etc.) just to be able to do everything else that has to get done.  But, there is a bright side to all of this.  Since I am not buckled down doing these things, Christmas has a much less chaotic feel this year.  Here I am two days before the big day and I am not running around in a frenzy.  It feels good.
 
Today I am going to show you all the last of my vintage Christmas finds for the season.  Tomorrow I will share my decorations and then once that is done, this Thrifter Sister will be done with vintage Christmas blogging until next year.  It will be nice to get back to telling you all about my other non-Christmas related vintage scores.
 
Here we go again...
 
 
So remember me telling you all about the monster I created?  Brian came home last week grinning from ear to ear about some things he had found for me at Goodwill.  I cannot even begin to describe how much I love the tin with the Santa holding the lantern.  It is easily my favorite one ever.  I am not sure, but I think the one on the right may be a repro but I still love it.


He also found these old trays and Gurley candles.  I swear he looked like my dog whenever he brings me a dead squirrel.  So proud!  Gross comparison I know. 


I have a Starbucks mug radar.  I spotted these sticking out of a giant bin full of holiday themed mugs.  I just knew they were from Starbucks.  After peeling of the 49 cent Goodwill sticker on the bottom, I was rewarded with the telltale logo.  Score!!


Can't leave behind a glass tree topper or an old musical Santa!


I picked up these fun things at the flea market with Sister last weekend.  One booth had the Santa candy container for $20 and one aisle over was the same one for a dollar!  Guess which one I bought?  The wreaths need some embellishment at some point and the baby deer were way to cute to leave behind. 

 
 

I've had some awesome luck finding Shiny Brites at the flea market this year.


I walked by this figurine several times before finally buying her after Hanna told me I needed her.  I'm so happy I did.  She fits in so perfectly with all of my other Christmas girls.


Now look at this....I bought this box of box of blue Shiny Brites along with this set of 4 old Santa cookie trays at Monticello when I was in Portland for Crafty Wonderland (if you are keeping track, that is 3 identical boxes of Shiny Brites I have found this year).
 
 
The very next day, I found this box of blue ornaments and four more of the same Santa cookie trays at St. Vincent's while out thrifting with Hanna!  What are the odds of finding almost identical things a day apart?
 
 
While in Portland, I also picked up some more Shiny Brites.  I have a hard time leaving them behind when I can find boxes so reasonably priced.  Even if I don't use all of the ornaments, I love to display the boxes.


Cute Santa cut out found at a local antique mall.


Along with this cute Santa themed coloring book (never used!).


And another stocking to add to my collection.


I have been coveting the Holt Howard Santa napkin holder for a long time but was thrilled to find this lookalike at Goodwill instead.


Speaking of Holt Howard, how cute are these Santa shakers found while out with Hanna the other day?  We raced to them! 

So, that is it for my finds for the season.  Unless I get the energy to brave the after Christmas crowds, I doubt you will be seeing anymore vintage Christmas from me!  But after looking over my finds from this season, I'm sure I've shown enough to make all of you happy.

Linking up with my pal Sir-Thrift-A-Lot for Thriftasaurus

Happy Holidays!

~Erica



11 comments:

  1. I would say you did pretty good in the holiday vintage this year..very good indeed. The tin that Brian brought home..total keeper. (both the tin and the husband for hitting Goodwill) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sure enjoyed seeing all of your Christmas finds...you are good! I've been looking a little extra this year and found some fun things, too. It sure has lifted my spirits! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! Holiday hugs from Florida! Your buddy, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love that coloring book & the Santa with lantern tin. Merry Christmas to you all from TX. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really drink out of mugs (though I have a ton!), but when I do I drink out of Starbucks mugs. I have deep ones like those - Holiday 2006 Mugs. Soooooo deep! I used to work at Starbucks & they were destined for the trash, along with plates & other Christmas garb. I remember having to throw away about 20 reusable drinking bottles because they never sold. We weren't allowed to donate them. Anyways.. my BF's mom asked for those Starbucks mugs when she came here once & another time in the care because she liked them, "uuuhhhh, honey... I don't think so... I like them too."

    You had Christmas overload this year! Those HH Santa shakers are just what the doctor ordered for my collection. I really like those plastic Santa containers, I only saw them in Ohio. Lucky you got one for only a buck!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great vintage items and vintage packaging to good finds.
    Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have done fabulously with your vintage Christmas finds this year. I know I was jealous and drooling over lots of them, lol. The HH Santa shakers are so great!

    Merry Christmas Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erica, those holt howard S&P are soooo cute! Great finds!! I also love the simple santa cookie trays. 3 boxes of the same shiny brites?!? I have not found one....ever. Merry Cnristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the most amazing Christmas decorations. In my neck of the woods a box of solid colored Shiny Brites would be 10 bucks and up. A box of indents or highly decorated would be 25. It's crazy. I never, ever find this stuff at the thrifts. And sadly, this year my two favorite Antique Stores didn't have any sort of Holiday Open House, so very few dealers really bothered putting out ornaments or anything particularly seasonal. Anyway, I really enjoy seeing all your great finds!

    Wishing you and yours a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have those same little wreaths. LOVE your collection :D

    ReplyDelete