Welcome To

Welcome To

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Just A Catch Up Post

Catch up post on the blog today.  I went to a really good estate sale on Thursday but haven't had a chance to take good pictures yet because it's been raining.  Yes, rain.  In Oregon.  Imagine that.  Believe it or not, I'm enjoying it.  It's a nice change of pace from our 90+ degree days.  Plus I got to wear my beloved cowboy boots!  That's always a winner in my book.


When Hanna came to visit me last, she brought me this awesome tin for my collection.


A few recent Instagram purchases.  I just need the mug and plate for the Hazel Atlas Davy Crockett set.  The aqua thermo mugs are for my someday vintage travel trailer.  Kind of like Laurie's someday beach house.


Maddie and I found this cutie a while back in a 50% off booth at our favorite antique mall.


He fits in quite nicely, don't you think?


Made a quick stop at a garage sale the other day and picked up some more souvenir glasses for my collection.


Here is the Florida one next to one of my other glasses.  I never realized they came in this juice glass size!


I've been in the thrifts a little more lately with it being back to school shopping time.  Found this Designs bowl at a really good price.  It's been so long since I've thrifted Pyrex that I was happy to find a piece, even if it's not something I will keep.


We asphalted our driveway earlier in the Summer so now I can set up little seating areas around our shop.  Doesn't this look inviting?

 

Some of Brian's hard work.  Thank god he has a green thumb, patience, and motivation to water all of the flowers I make him plant.  I lack all three.

Linking up with:

Sir Thrift-A-Lot for Thriftasaurus
Melissa's Antiques for Thifty Things Friday
Jann Olson for SYC Thursday
The Cottage Market for Junkin' Joe
How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday

Have a great Sunday!

~Erica

8 comments:

  1. Loving the rain we had this weekend. Your souvenir glasses are a cool collection and I never realized the variety. I think we have one that is Kate's vintage Oregon decor for college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is raining here in South Carolina as I type - it's been over a week since we had even a slight sprinkle. A hint about asphalt drives - they make a great place for container herb gardens - the heat reflected off the surface is loved by most herbs. Love the rose tin and the souvenir glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my son lived in Oregon, it rained everyday. Wish you would send some to Texas. I enjoyed seeing your goodies. I have seen some like that over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I have dreams of a vintage trailor as well! A Shasta to be exact...with the little wings. Great stuff! Love the Designs bowl too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made my first few instagram purchases... it's a battle to get what you want from the preview photos, gotta have fast fingers!!

    They had the Davy set in Columbus. Designs, I have 2 for sale. No bites! I don't like the pattern either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kids are too cute. And those planters look like something out of a magazine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and loving the flowers planted in vintage items. Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had water to grow plants here... I think the salvaged planters look great! I've provably said it before, but I really like your red lawn chairs too. And way to go Maddie! Bringing home the bacon, er... juice glasses!

    ReplyDelete