Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Alameda Weekend.....Hanna's Finds Part 2

Happy Wednesday Blog Friends!  This morning is my first day back to work for the 2014/15 school year, so I wanted to get my final finds from Alameda to you before I get really busy.  I had a lot of ideas of what the Alameda Point Antique Faire would be like, but it was so much better than I imagined!  The frantic chaos of everyone rushing in at 6 am, the amazing variety of booths, and food cart after food cart, it doesn't get much better then that.

Believe it or not, I actually made the first purchase of the day!  About 15 minutes in I spotted this rusty outdoor bell.  I was excited, as you don't see these very often with dogs, let alone pointers, which is the next type of pup I would like to have.
It was definitely slim pickings for Pyrex, which I was surprised by.  The pieces we did see were way too expensive for our wallets.  These are the few pieces that I was able to acquire and what I would expect flea market prices for Pyrex to be.  Man, they look pretty with my backdrop!
Of course some deer friends came home with me.  Erica picked up the sweet coloring book and Christmas reindeer for me at a few different booths.  I bought the deer and mushroom wall hanging at the end of the day.  The thermometer is still accurate and I can't pass up a combo of deer and mushrooms!
I was able to find a little bit of barware.  I've been eying this shaker on Ebay for quite a while as I really like the animation with the Eiffel Tower.  An orange swanky swig was too me to be leave behind.  I also got a container of color picks that have all sorts of things from bunnies to cars on them.  One of my favorite items though is this tin featuring bumble bee pixies and mushrooms.  The edge of the tin also has a mushroom border.  It is so sweet and fits in nicely with my other pixie friends.
There was this amazing record booth that I spied on our first run through the market.  I told myself that if I had any budget left I would get myself a few prizes on the second time through.  I treated myself to both Pink Floyd and Tom Petty, which I've been enjoying this morning.

I've been eying Erica's minnow bucket since the day she brought it home.  I've seen quite a few, but they have always been out of my price range.  I got this one for a steal, and it still has its lid.  The seller pointed out the the logo is in both English and French, which is kind of funny.  She also did not know what a minnow bucket was used for, so I gave her a lesson.  She seemed pretty surprised when I said I was actually going to use it!

But, as many of our Instagram followers already know, this sweet little devil kneehugger that I've named Davy the Devil is my most favorite find of the entire show.  Erica spotted him for me and I could hardly contain myself.  I've noticed that at times we are better at spotting things for each other then for ourselves.  He became our mascot for the remainder of the trip and has been changing location in my house daily since I've brought him home.  As you can imagine, Matt hates him.

Well, that is it for me!  Erica and I had such a fun time on this adventure and got some Sister time that was well overdue.  I will have to say all the driving was worth it and I can't wait to do it again.  Maybe next month?

I'm linking up with We Call This Junkin for History and Home

Always a Pleasure,
Hanna



8 comments:

  1. Great finds. I'm a huge classic rock vinyl collector - so I love those picks. Definitely lovin Davy the Devil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the two of you had fun. It really is an experience in itself..wish it was closer so I could hit it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A part II??? You girls just had too much fun there! Love the devil. I'm thinking he needs to end up on the husband's pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous! I so want to visit the Alameda Faire. Love your finds... especially the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands down, that knee hugger would be my favourite too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really fun following you both along on IG. It's the perfect sister trip. Loving all the treasures but that knee hugger is pretty fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised you are going to use the bucket too! I love how your pyrex looks on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! that's a proud spaniel, not a pointer. Be sure to rescue, don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die.

    ReplyDelete