Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Alamada Weekend...Two More Posts to Go!

Hi guys!  Are you all getting tired of these posts yet?  Maybe it's a good thing that Hanna didn't buy more.  Otherwise we'd be doing these until Christmas.

Only two more posts to go, I promise.  Today I'm going to share the rest of what I found at the Alameda Points Antique Faire.  I didn't realize how much I bought until I sat down to write these blogs.  I've said it before and I'll say it again....thank God I have a patient husband.


Remember how Hanna said that we were really good at spotting things for each other?  Well this sweet circus themed juice carafe was one of those things she found for me.  I love it!


I haven't changed Alex's bathroom since we moved into our house 6 years ago.  I'm seriously tired of it.  But since he is moving out next month, I decided that it is finally time.  I'm going to go with a vintage botanical/gardening theme.  I think this basket will be perfect to hold towels.


I found the tray that matches the canisters I showed you last time from another booth.


Another tray that is perfect for my wall display.


An old Capitol Dominoes game and Yankee Doodle record for my 4th of July decorations.


Another game for my ever growing collection.  Jill, I blame you!


The only vintage Christmas I allowed myself to buy.  There was a lot of it too!  Just ignore that last part, Amy.


Not a clue what I am going to do with these.  There are 15 total bags and they were a buck for the lot. 


Vintage party supplies for my collection.  I finally got them all out of storage and have them displayed.  I really should do a post on them.  But if you follow me on IG, you've already seen them!


Couldn't resist the cover of this book!


I love these old paperback cookbooks.  I wasn't sure if I already had these but I took a chance.  I didn't!


I bought this Farm themed coloring book to go with my vintage farm display.  Yet another one to show you guys!  The pig is happy at home with Maddie's collection.


I was really surprised that there wasn't more Pyrex at this show.  If you collected Butterfly Gold then this was the place for you to be!  It was EVERYWHERE. But any other patterns were pretty much non existent.  This was all I bought.  But I paid $8 for all of it so that made me happy.


I am really proud of myself that I only brought home these three pieces of drinkware.  There was a ton of it! 


This tin is giant as you can imagine.  It once held 30 pounds of frozen berries.  It now holds cat food.  Not as exciting.


Why can't they make cleaning products this cute anymore?  It would definitely improve my mood when doing housework.


And last but not least, another find from Hanna.  This sign is exactly what I needed for the wall above the doorway in my kitchen.  It's huge!

So that's it for my show finds.  I would love to go back again and am definitely planning on it in the near future.  Who's up for a road trip?

Linking up with We Call it Junkin' for History & Home.

Next time...antique mall finds.  Then that is it.  I promise!

~Erica

17 comments:

  1. $8 for that Pyrex? Worth the trip alone. The clowns scare me, but I love that metal basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $8 for that Pyrex? Worth the trip alone. The clowns scare me, but I love that metal basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about an October trip down there -- the vintage Christmas loot should be in full swing by then. Good to know you didn't buy it all. :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE good stuff! Can you spell "jealous"? LOL! Oh I love any vintage games and books/booklets, and yours are super. Love the sweet circus carafe best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Berry can! So fun. And I have a Betty Brite cupcake package like that. I love the graphics on it. The party supplies are so fun and cute. Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOTS of awesome stuff here. Great deal on that Pyrex! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have marched out of there with that Yankee Doodle record...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh, you sisters are making me all kinds of envious, and making me want to go hunt! I love the Carafe, and the berries tin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys found such awesome stuff, I could seriously watch you post about it until at least Christmas. It never goes out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It could go on until next Christmas, I'll never get tired of vintage goodness!

    A knee hugger would make any shopping trip a great trip in my books, love it, obvs! Popcorn/treat bags are great & that carafe is amazing, Federal or just Federal looking?

    Good self control on the glasses/tumblers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the great things you found!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful treasures! I invite you to share at my blog hop today ( you can link up through Sat). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome finds! I remember that drinking glass on the far right! I love it when I see an item that jogs a memory. I guess that's the main reason I love collecting! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now you just need some Christmas stencils to go with the glass wax. I remember my mom doing that back in the late '50's. Guess that makes me vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  15. $8 for all that Pyrex is great! I love your new trays too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just catching on some posts! Wow what deals you got!! I love that wire basket for the bathroom and can not wait to see it....I know it will be soooo adorable!!! Those book covers and cleaning products are so cute too! ....I know I wish they did make them that cute! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I say, once again, you find the BEST STUFF!
    Featuring on the History & Home Link Party Pinterest Board. Thanks for sharing - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete