Welcome To

Welcome To

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What A Guy

If you checked out my Pinterest Newbie post yesterday, I promised that I would show you what I got my husband, Brian, to make for me last weekend.

It all started with what I like to call a "drive by".  You know what I mean.  You slowly drive in front of a sale and do a quick scan to see if anything good pops out. Miss Maddy declared there was nothing but "junk".  What did I spot?

Old windows!  3 to be exact and for $1 apiece. Sorry about the awful set up of this picture.  I was off somewhere else working on another project so I had to leave it up to Maddy and her dad to document this.

So the first thing I did when I got home was log onto Pinterest, of course!  It didn't take me too long to find exactly what I was looking for.  You see, I have had the same old tired wreath and candle sconces above my headboard for FOREVER. My bedroom definitely needed a little freshening up.

I figured this would do the trick and looked pretty easy too

Via Pinterest


So since this would be going above my headboard, I figured I didn't need the chalkboard or bulletin board.  Plus, the window I planned on using for this project just needed to be cleaned up.  I didn't want to paint the perfectly rustic, worn wood.

After a quick trip down to our shop, my husband was able to find the perfect piece of wood to use for the shelf. He even took it upon himself to head to the home improvement store to find some vintage-y looking brackets.

And here it is

He told me it was the easiest project I've ever given him.  The hardest part was hanging it.  He even brought home extra wood in case I wanted him to make another.

What a guy.  I think I'll keep him.

I'm off to a couple of Thursday estate sales this morning.  Keep your fingers crossed that I'm not up at the crack of dawn for nothing.

Until next time....

Erica

1 comment:

  1. The window is so cute! Good job husband!
    I hope you had some luck at the estate sales!
    Let us know. :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete