Welcome To

Welcome To

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Pyrex Displays

Good Morning!


On my many to-do lists this summer I had a rusty, old metal cart like Sister's that needed to be sanded and repainted.  I bought it at an Estate sale right when school got out for $1, and although I knew it would be a lot of work, I figured I could swallow that price much easier than the $225 price tag at my local antique mall.  I got to sanding 2 days ago and realized that the rust had just pitted the surface a little too much and if I sanded it much more it would wear right through.  So I decided to just spray paint it and hope for the best.  Now this sits in my dinning room and gets some of my Pyrex out of the way, which makes the husband happy (and secretly me too, I have so much more room!)  It isn't perfect, but it will do until I find one in better shape.  I chose the color "green apple" and was pleasantly surprised that it matched my green 024 perfectly!  Sorry, Bobcat Marley was feeling a little jealous this morning and jumped in the first photo :)



I've also been trying to incorporate my Pyrex into my house a little better, so maybe it doesn't look like I have such a problem.  I picked up the Zodiac without a lid at an antique mall in Snohomish, Washington on our girls trip.  I felt guilty because I paid more than I usually do, but I had never seen it anywhere and just couldn't resist!  Of course, we saw a dishwasher damaged one that same day at a Value Village; I swear the Pyrex Gods just want to tease me sometimes!  I decided to put it on one of my end tables in the living room that houses some of my favorite vintage books.


I also painted this shelf a few weeks ago and decided to incorporate my vintage and antique books in with a little Butterprint and other bird themed glassware.


And last, but not least, the top of my fridge is a little out of control.  Please note the beautiful Mod Kitchen up on the very top.  It is another splurge of mine that I am so happy I made!


Next on the redecorating and refurbishing horizon?  I have a retro Cosco step stool to recover and spruce up and a cedar chest that needs some love.  


Until next time!
~Sister Hanna

8 comments:

  1. Marley! GET AWAY FROM THE PYREX! Throw her outside, Sister. That is not okay:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel so much better! More NORMAL! Hahaha
    I seriously can't quit Pyrex! How many pieces can one girl bring into a home each week? At some point it just has to end! LOL I just came home with 3 pieces from the GW. Yesterday it was a box from Ebay.
    Will this feeling ever go away? :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s The 024's are my favorite! They're great for so many things. That's good that you have them right on top! Also, LOVE that apple green color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea for the Zodiac..looks cute with the books. Maybe I should get mine out and fill it up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get this "apple green" paint?! thats matches the 024, and is it in a gloss or just flat finish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked the paint up at a Fred Meyer and it is American Accents Smooth Satin Finish. It's so funny Mick, because I thought of your beautiful collection when I bought this color, you so need some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So many amazing Pyrex finds! Thank you for your comment on my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the cart turned out but uh-oh! At first glance, it looked liked marley was REALLY jealous and was going to go potty there! Ha!

    Look more normal? What fun is that? You just keep being you but yeah, we need to help the hubs be happy-right? ;)

    I use vintage dishes everywhere but mostly in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete