Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, May 21, 2012

I Love The Sunshine!

Don't get me wrong, readers.  I love to thrift and go to sales as much as you all do.  But it's so much more fun to go in the sunshine as opposed to the drenching downpours that tend to happen this time of year.  But in the Willamette Valley we are experiencing an abnormally early start to Summer.  So my desire to treasure hunt has renewed in a big way! 
I love to stroll through the antique malls when I have the time.  What I love even more is finding things that I have seen in the antique malls at yard sales for much cheaper.  I got these two sugar shakers for $2.   
  I got these shakers at the same sale for 50 cents apiece.  Aren't they cute?
Whether I am at a thrift, garage sale, flea market or antique mall, if I have the time I like to go through twice.  And I almost always find things on my second pass through that I didn't see the first time like this piece of Made in USA pottery and Fire King jadeite vase.
A few months ago, I found the Papa mug at an estate sale.  I figured I'd come across the Mama one eventually.  I just didn't think it would happen so fast.  I found it at another estate sale a few weeks back.  They are by Hazel Atlas.  I'm pretty sure there is nothing Hazel Atlas that I don't love.
I picked up this Fire King ashtray at a Vet's Club rummage sale for a quarter.  I'm not a smoker so for now it holds my rings on my dresser.
I still haven't been getting too lucky with finding any vintage treasures at Goodwill.  This is all that I have found in the last few weeks.  The white Made in California tulip shaped pottery planter is the first white piece I found for my collection.  The three Fire King teacups in the Fleurette pattern were only a quarter apiece on half price day.  I hope I come across the saucers at some point.  I also got the Pyrex pie plate in Desert Dawn yellow on half price day for a dollar.  It is in mint condition.  I actually need the un-speckled yellow one to complete my set so this one will have to do for now.

I am heading to Astoria on Thursday for a much needed Sister Weekend. We are planning on attending the Worlds Longest Garage Sale that is 70+ miles long!  I really hope that we have some good luck and we come back with tons of treasures to share with all of you!

Have a great week....

Thrifter Sister Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment