Welcome To

Welcome To

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Busy Busy!

Hi, Friends!

I can think of about a million other things that I need to be getting done while everyone is either at work or school and my house is quiet.  But I am dreading wrapping gifts and cleaning the house is no fun!  So lucky for you guys, I have stuff to share so all that other boring stuff will just have to wait.


I can't believe I haven't shown you guys this yet.  I have shared it on IG so I forgot to post it here too.  Isn't it amazing?  Brian bought it for me a few weeks ago.  I'd definitely say any guy that brings home vintage Holt Howard Santa punch bowl sets is a keeper!


On of my few vintage Christmas finds from the thrifts this year.  But even if I don't find a single other thing, this makes it all worth it!


The Santa's Village is so cute!  I can't wait for the baby to be big enough to play with it.  The Christmas list box is absolutely stuffed full of old handwritten recipes.  WHO GETS RID OF THESE THINGS?!?!  What an amazing family heirloom.


I am on a mission to collect every type of vintage Shiny Brite box for the tower I have sitting on my fireplace hearth.  I picked up the Friendship casserole even though I already had it.  It's getting to be a more difficult pattern to find around here.


Hanna brought me these the last time she came to visit.  She is really good at keeping up with my collections!


This guy is so super squeaky!  You barely have to touch him and you hear him!


I have lots of the mama deer but had no idea that there were babies too!  And the Gurley candles are much bigger than all the other deer ones I have.  I didn't know they came in a larger size.  Isn't it always fun to find things for your collections that you never knew existed?


Antique malls that have customer appreciation sales during the holidays are my favorite kind of antique malls!  When else can you expect to find a kneehugger, Josef angel, and spun head angel girl for under 10 bucks?

That's all for now.  I'm heading over to link up with Sir Thrift-A-Lot for Thriftasaurus & Distressed Donna Down Home for Make it Monday.

Off to make some cookie dough.  Who me?  Procrastinate?

Happy Holidays!

~Erica

11 comments:

  1. I have one of those giant santa heads from when I was a kid. My mom always hung him up in my bedroom window. This year I REALLY wanted to use him as a wreath, but I couldn't find another one and I don't dare risk ruining my childhood one. Maybe I can still manage to scrounge up another! I had no idea there was a santa head punch bowl, btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a lonely naked tree in the middle of my living room! I would rather look at all the wonderful vintage Christmas items like you have. The Santa punch set - drooling while screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that punch bowl is one of my favorite things that you own. Brian did really good with that purchase...really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That punch bowl set is amazing. Your husband is definitely on the nice list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing with and showing off Christmas is so much better than cleaning! :) Amazing HH punch set, and your other goodies just fab. Cookies...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a Santa's Village when I was little. Loved it!!
    The punch bowl set is so neat. What a thoughtful
    husband!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That punch bowl is just the happiest darn thing! I love Santa's blue eyes. I haven't seen that red Shiny Brite box before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. IN.MY.DREAMS! In my dreams would I ever find a husband who buys me a Holt Howard Santa punch bowl! lol
    I can't believe you guys are going to have a little girl to play Santa's Village and to teach all about the world of vintage collecting! Lucky lucky!
    Happy Holidays!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun punch bowl set! You're lucky to have such a husband AND sister in your life! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your punch bowl set is a keeper for sure, I don't think I have ever run across one before, just the cups

    merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I love love your punch bowl set!! I seen it on IG, but seeing it again...ah ....its so cute!! Love the Christmas list box, I'm so wanting one of those!! I think they are the cutest for Christmas time! The Santa's Village looks adorable too, that will be fun when the baby gets bigger! Sweet other finds too! Happy Holidays!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete