Welcome To

Welcome To

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Random Treasures...

Yay!  It's finally the weekend!

This last week was the first full week that Alex has been gone.  He moved up to Corvallis and starts school on Monday.  Thankfully, he's only 45 minutes away.  It's been a huge adjustment going from having 4 of us here to only 3.  Everybody is feeling it a little bit.  Brian has actually asked me to watch football with him!  I think he's a little lonely.

I'm still finding junk, so at least that part of my life hasn't changed. 



 
Lots of pretty thrifted vintage pillowcases.


I bought these pillowcases on Instagram.  I couldn't resist the pretty mint stripes and original packaging.


A big stack of sheets from an estate sale


Another IG purchase. I'm stockpiling pretty vintage bathroom things for Alex's bathroom makeover.  Won't he be thrilled when he comes home?


I collect the Morning Glory jars and was surprised to find one while out thrifting.  No lid, but at 99 cents, who cares?  The enamel camping mugs are for my vintage camping decorations that I plan to put out after my 4th of July ones come down next year.


My first ever Fire King Sealtest cottage cheese bowl.  These babies are hard to find!


Maddie and I went to the annual fall open house at a local antique mall a couple of weeks ago.  I think these were definitely fitting purchases for the season.


This awesome old Coca Cola cooler was worth the illegal U-turn in front of a school bus during rush hour.  The risks we take for junk.

And then this happened...


I went to an estate sale that had a "vintage camping stove" listed. I never in a million years thought I would be finding the pink one that matches my other Coleman pieces.  Well, that collection escalated quickly...
 
Oh, and did you all know that our little ol' blog was the featured Blog of the Week over at Adirondack Girl @ Heart?  Diana wrote an amazing post about us and was able to perfectly capture what we love to collect and hunt for.  Thanks so much, Diana!  It's quite the honor :-)


Linking up with:

Melissa's Antiques for Thrifty Things Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
The Cottage Market for Junkin' Joe
Revisonary Life for Thrifty Life Thursday
Jann Olson for SYC Thursday
Woman in Real Life for Vintage Bliss Tuesdays
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
Sir Thrift-A-Lot for Thriftasaurus

Have a great day!

~Erica

18 comments:

  1. I love your Coleman pieces! And the vintage pillowcases are lovely! Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coleman pieces were enough to swoon over but I am green wit envy over that Coke cooler. OMG - let me rub your arm for some of your luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you found that stove either. As if you wished and it appeared. Your house will find a groove with Alex gone...takes some time, but you get used to it. We do raise them to spread their wings....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to start looking for those cottage cheese bowls. Just what I need--another collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camp stove is amazing!!! I had no idea they made those in pink. You always find the best stuff out there (as opposed to in Ohio here).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with your junk finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deals! My husband found one of those Coca Cola coolers at a yard sale a few years back. I had a good day yard saling also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being featured over at Diana's blog. I love what you found. The cherry stuff is awesome and I love that towel. And a pink camp stove is unbelievable! I didn't know they made them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have pulled the car over for the Coke cooler as well. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, as always, Erica. Amazing that you found the matching camp stove!! Every glamper girl in the country is jealous, I'm sure :) Glad you like the post; thanks for the shout out--

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE vintage and really had fun checking out your collection. Beautiful! Stopping by from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's Corner. Hope to connect with you again this week! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your Coleman pieces and the reference to the illegal u-turn! hee hee!

    PS I can't imagine our house with 3. We're getting close to that and my youngest is going to have a really hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They have pink camping stoves? Want list! We are going to start to camp more.. like it, but only been going once a year... not enough! You should find out the world record for pillowcases.

    And keep buying vintage Christmas - we all wanna see it in your Instagram shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fantastic finds!! Those new pillow cases are just gorgeous!! :) And I love your Coleman pieces!!! I didn't even know they came in pink.....ahh! :) Have a great day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink camping, I LOVE it! I had no idea. Great stuff you found : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear, every time you bring home more vintage sheets and pillowcases, it makes me want to collect them even more! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Worth the u turn for sure! Love the cottage chees bowl. Never knew that's what they were called. You gals have taught me so much. Congrats on the feature. Will hop over there and check it out. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, illegal u-turns for vintage coke boxes are understandable. Thanks for sharing this week at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday!

    ReplyDelete