Welcome To

Welcome To

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Estate Sale Friday

After I dropped Maddie of at school Friday, I headed to get in line at an estate sale given by my favorite company.  Even though the online pictures looked promising, I almost didn't go.  The sale started at 9:00 and I wouldn't be able to get there until about 8:15.  In this area, if you want to grab anything good at a sale, you need to be one of the first 10 people in the door.  There was no way I'd get a number that good.  But I didn't have anything else going on so I thought I'd try anyways. 

Guess what?  I was wrong.  Dead wrong.

I got to the sale and there was only one other car parked out front.  How could that be?  Where was everybody else?  There were tons of other sales posted but nothing near as good as this one, at least to me.  Well, that put me at number 3 on the list.  I'm pretty well acquainted with the two lovely ladies that were ahead of me and I know what they tend to go for so I knew that the one thing I had my eye on would be mine. 

Are you ready?


Fire King Jadeite.  And lots of it!  For $2-$3 per piece.  Can you believe it?


Hanna gave me the Lace Medallion 045 for my birthday a couple of years ago but I couldn't leave this one behind.  I have always thought of this pattern as kind of rare and this is the second one that I have found at an estate sale plus Hanna found one at a sale in Astoria.  Maybe it is rare to everyplace but Oregon?

 
 

The requisite sheets and pillow cases that I am always picking up at sales.


My silliest purchase would have to be this package of vintage toilet paper.  At one point, it was aqua.  Now it's faded to boring old white.  But the graphics are cute and it still has the original 29 cent price tag.


I bought this sweet baby dress to hang in my laundry room.


Another apron for my collection, a vintage peanut butter jar with great measurements on the side, some sweet striped Dixie Cups, and another vintage syrup dispenser...my second in two weeks!


I'm not one to pass up old jars, especially when they are 50 cents each.  I love the square shaped one in the front.  It's the first I've found like it.



 

Not a lot in the way of vintage Christmas but I did manage to dig this old two sided stocking out of a box.  I don't think I have this one.


These cute chalkware fish are the perfect colors.  Now I just have to decide where to hang them.

I also bought two aluminum lawn chairs that I forgot to photograph.  I'll show you those another time.  I don't think you can ever have enough of them!

Linking up with Jann Olson for SYC Thursday, Melissa's Antiques For Thrifty Things Friday, and The Cottage Market for Junkin' Joe.

Until next time~

Erica

25 comments:

  1. what treasures you found! This is my first visit here, it won't be my last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the jadeite! I have well over 200 pieces, but I always look for more. It's a sickness! Lol. I love everything you found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds! I don't EVER see jadeite priced that cheap - even at an estate sale! So, that big ol' chalkware fish has a big creepy eye that seems to follow you no matter where you are....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's all I can say about the Jadeite!!

    You know what I like - those Dixie cups - they are so cute!! What a silly thing to catch my eye!! I would have bought them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. : D chalk ware fish, BE CAREFUL that's an addictive habit to get into! Haha I don't think your toilet paper purchase is silly at all! The vintage graphics are worth it, and if we ever do a show set in the 50's 60's somehow involving buying toilet paper- I'm coming back here to use yours as a template! P.s. HOLY MOLEY on the jadeite pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jadeite - I have NEVER seen a piece for sale in my area :((
    I of course am not one of the first ten to enter #needtoarriveearly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Jadeite at those prices? Amazing!!! I would have bought the TP too. You could display it in the bathroom somehow..haha. Great finds. Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Jadeite at those prices here. The TP is great. When did colored TP go away? I remember it had to match your bathroom tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely jadeite!!! The only pieces I have ever found were the small little custard dishes. Great treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice jadeite! LOL, the old toilet paper! Maybe I'll hit a garage sale tomorrow...LOL!! since I just had mine and cleaned out a bit!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be still my heart! The jadeite, oh my. But the Pyrex...I am in love. That is gorgeous. Some awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jadeite you found. And I have never seen that piece of pyrex in IL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh! Those fish are amazing! I've always wanted some, and those colors are wonderful. Please send asap! :P
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  14. What pretty and fun finds!!! :) Happy weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did good! Love the Jadeite, I started collecting it years ago. Aren't you glad you went anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jadeite that inexpensive - wowee! Check out the completed listing prices on ebay - you'll be amazed how crazy high it is. I collect it, but only when I can find it for a reasonable price. Hmmm....would that mean I would've had to pass up your deal (because it was UNreasonably underpriced!)?? Visiting from Melissa's and drooling over your jadeite!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything!!! I've never seen that Pyrex piece in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my I am drooling over the jadite. Would love to find some at an estate sale. Love the Pyrex also. I have never seen that pattern. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Score on the Jadeite, beautiful! Love the chalkware fish too. Sometimes that estate sale karma is just with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vintage toilet paper? That's a first! I've never seen that! haha! Love the green cups! I'm always on the look out for one of these. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Awesome finds! I found some jadeite at an estate sale this week, but they wanted too much money for it. Oh and love the Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just can't get over the things you find. It's like you live around the mecca of the exact things I like! Good hunting, Erica!
    Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great finds!! Love the jadeite and the Lace Medallion casserole. I've just begun picking up a few Pyrex pieces--always in white and aqua. I'll have to keep my eyes out for one like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know I already told you how much I love everything... but thanks for sharing @ TTF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing- you are right, that was the best sale! The jadeite and the lace medallion are both on my want list.

    ReplyDelete