Welcome To

Welcome To

Monday, October 1, 2012

Pretty Vintage Linens

If you have followed our blog for a while, you are aware that not only am I obsessed with vintage Pyrex, I also love vintage linens.  Like most other vintage goodies, they just don't make them like this anymore.  The beautiful and vibrant patterns are impossible for me to pass up if the price is right.  I often come home from the sales with armloads of beautiful tablecloths and other types of household linens like pillowcases and dish towels.  My husband never quite understood until we were at an antique mall one day and he saw the price on a single tablecloth ($48!) that I had found at an estate sale for 2 bucks.  Now he gets it.

I found these beauties at a thrift shop which is pretty rare.   Most of the linens I find are either from flea markets or garage/estate sales. 
I got this quilt topper from an estate sale.  I am just about the farthest thing from a quilter that you will ever meet so it will just stay as I found it.  I have it over the back of the chair in my bedroom for my cat to lay on.  It's much easier to wash this than the cushions!
I found this amazing laundry bag at the same sale as the quilt top.  The graphics are incredible.
More tablecloths from the sale
I also got this dish towel.  Isn't it cute?  I need to figure out a way to display it in it's full glory.  **SixBalloons wanted to know what the towel said.  It says "Quick Frozen Alaskan Polar Bear.  Recipe: Cut hole in ice large enough to fit bear. Sprinkle large peas around edge of ice hole.  While bear is taking a pea, kick him in the ice hole.  Remove frozen bear-garnish with ice worms-serves six hundred and 31". HA!
So this has been a pretty good summer for tablecloths!  This is only some of my collection.  I like to display them in these baskets in my room.  And yes, I actually do use them.  Every table surface and dresser top in my house has some sort of vintage linen on it.  I still have a good sized stack to soak and hang to dry before the weather changes! 

Hope you enjoyed the eye candy!  I will be linking up with Sir Thrift-A-Lot, Apron Thrift Girl & Rednesday when they are ready to go.

Until next time....

Erica

11 comments:

  1. Please let us know the text on the polar bear towel! I see something about kicking him in the ice hole... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome linens and prices! Awesome laundry bag model, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! The polar bear tea towel is so stinkin cute! Your linens look so good stacked like that. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that laundry bag! I can't resist vintage linens, either. I have a serious vintage dish towel addiction. SIGH. Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I got into collecting vintage tea towels... Tots love 'em. I think it started with an owl one... this owl one: http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.ca/2011/09/sir-thrift-lot-thrift-share-monday_18.html

    thrift store! 99cents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have been lucky finding so many great vintage linens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gorgeous linen finds....be still my heart! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really scored! I'm so glad I stopped by! Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I never find anything like that at thrift stores around here, I have bought all my vintage lines on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete